“If you’re not growing, you’re not living”
I’m listening to Rich roll’s book, ‘finding ultra’ right on, and the point where I’m at, Rich just realized this above statement. I’d highly recommend reading about Rich’s story and even his book if you’re more interested!
What went well?
- Workouts – Well, almost
- Did a total of around 37K during the week with a 20K long run. I could have scheduled the week better which could have given my legs more rest. A bit afraid to injure myself just 10 days before my race on the 19th of May!
- Side project
- Started working on auto-umm removal
- Also spent some time trying to figure out the current state of the art on automated-transcription
- Also spent some more time working on cryptopals.com
What didn’t go well?
- badly planned, didn’t follow whatever little I planned from the days and ended up losing my long weekend to doing nothing
- discipline is difficult
- Didn’t have a podcast recording this weekend, Have realized that if I suddenly have more time on my hands, then I mess it up unless I plan properly!
Plan for the upcoming week!
- The last training week was probably my biggest training week
- Plan to taper it a bit this week, would cycle to work and plan to do around 27-30K of mileage this week
- Monday: slow: 30 minutes of aerobic base running
leg day + 30 minutes yogacomplete Rest day
10Km recovery run!Leg day + 30 minutes yoga
tempo workout: 30 minutes @17510Km recovery run!
resttempo workout: 30 minutes @175
- Saturday: shoulder + chest + tricep + 20 minutes restorative yoga
- Sunday: 14K long run workout
- I perhaps trained a bit harder then I should have last week, I have to balance to get to the right amount of uncomfortable. I’m confident to nip it in the bud and progress! Have to go easier on my long runs with perhaps a Z2 heart rate!
- The early twenties podcast!
- Excited about the recording again. Feels like so long since we recorded!
- Side projects
- have to be consistent
On the side, I’ve been listening to Rich roll’s Finding Ultra and Ray Dalio’s “Principles”. Each of which I am finding amazing and would summarize perhaps after a second hearing!
Don’t forget to have fun folks! Sodhi